If your phone is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:
These interruptions are typically caused by operating system and Bluetooth limitations.
- Your Fitbit device might stop syncing or stop receiving notifications.
- You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.
It's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue.
If you have an Android phone, try these steps:
- Turn off the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app.
- Disable other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
- Check to see if your phone has an app compatible with Ford Motor Company's voice control system. If so, disable Bluetooth on the app if possible or uninstall it.
The API used in these apps makes it difficult for Fitbit to communicate reliably with your phone. Ford provides a list of apps but note that other companies may use the API as well.