Fitbit helps you set and meet several health and fitness goals including exercise, sleep, water consumption, and more. Choose a shortcut to view an answer below.
Which goals are available?
Your health and fitness goals include:
- Daily activity—Choose a stat and feel your tracker vibrate when you meet your goal, such as steps taken, active minutes, or calories burned. For more information, see How do I change the activity goal on my tracker?
- Exercise—Choose how many days per week you want to work out and track your progress as your exercise history captures your workouts. For more information, see What are exercise goals?
- Weight—Set a goal for losing, gaining, or maintaining weight. You can manually log your daily weigh-ins or let Fitbit Aria do it automatically. Optionally, add a goal for body fat percentage. For more information, see Can I set a weight goal?
- Water—Track your progress towards a daily water consumption goal. For more information, see How do I set a water consumption goal and log my intake?
- Food—Create a Fitbit food plan to track your daily calorie input and output. In the Fitbit app for iOS you can set a daily calorie goal independent of a food plan. For more information, see How do I track my food with Fitbit?
- Sleep—Choose how many hours per night you hope to sleep and monitor results in your sleep logs. For more information, see How do I track my sleep?
How do I set or change my goals?
The Fitbit app guides you to create goals through a series of questions. The option to set goals will appear when you first create your account and at other times in your fitness journey. Find the Fitbit app in one of these locations, depending on your device:
If you skip this guided (personal) goal setting or want to make a change, you can do so at any time:
- From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon ().
- Scroll to the Goals section.
- Tap the goal you want to view or adjust.
- Tap the individual element of the goal and follow the onscreen instructions to adjust it.
Note that you can also set and manage your goals using the fitbit.com dashboard, but the personalized guidance is only available in the Fitbit apps.
What is the 7-Day Summary?
The 7-Day Summary in the Fitbit app for Android and Windows 10 tracks your progress toward each of your goals based on your activity in the past week. You'll receive a 7-Day Summary even if you don't have any goals set.
While reviewing your summary, you can choose to maintain or change each goal based on whether you met or even surpassed your objective.
To view your summary, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon () and find your 7-Day Summary.
The 7-Day Summary is not available in the Fitbit app for iOS at this time.
If I dismissed the personal goals screen can I still set goals?
You can still set or change your goals at any time. Follow the instructions above to manage your goals and stay on track.